Reasons to Hire Me as Your Chef
- Time – Gives you extra time to do what YOU want to do – talk to your guests, do YOUR thing, eliminates time needed for menu planning, grocery shopping, cooking and cleanup.
- Stress free – We take care of all the details: cooking, serving (or buffet-style), clean-up, etc. We also bring all the tools we need, unless you and I decide together to use some of yours.
- Delicious Customized Cuisine – I have vast resources for interesting, flavorful food. Some highlights are Mediterranean, Asian, Caribbean, Middle-East, Vegetarian, American Regional, and on and on. I’m adventurous, and make anything from unique presentations to comfort foods.
- Health – Wherever I can, I use fresh, unprocessed ingredients and herbs, better alternative to unhealthy, expensive restaurant food. According to world famous food authority, Michael Pollin, a diet of processed foods leads to diseases, such as Type 2 diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and cancer. Angel in the Kitchen accommodates special diets. Discuss this at the initial consultation.
- Money – Most people waste money by over-shopping and end up throwing food away. “Impulse buying” is eliminated, since I shop for specific ingredients and a specific number of guests. No overhead of a commercial kitchen; all cooking done onsite, at your home or business.
- Flexibility – Book a one-time event, or a regularly occurring event.
- Initial private consultation – to discuss event theme, size, type (appetizers, buffet, sit-down, dinner party, cooking lesson…), etc. Want to speed this up? Fill out and submit the client questionnaire, on this page.
- Menu planning – I plan a menu customized to everything we discussed. I use extensive resources from past experience, culinary school, professional resources, an extensive recipe collection, etc.
- Present menu to you – Can be done by mail, fax, phone, etc. We’ll discuss what works for you.
- Grocery shopping – I form a grocery list and shop.
- Cook in your home or business – I always clean as I cook, so your kitchen never looks a mess.)
- Clean up – I never leave you with a mess to clean yourself. I also package any remaining food for you to keep, or leave you with any special instructions on doing this.
Mother / Father’s Day
Baby or Wedding Shower
|Girls’ Night Out
Sit-down Dinner Party
“Hot and Spicy”
I’ll be happy to send out a gift certificate upon request.
Payment of a grocery deposit and chef service fee is due in advance of cook date. Any overpayment of the grocery deposit will be credited to the next session or refunded. Any grocery overage will be noted and added to the next cook date's invoice, which I leave with you. Payment methods are personal check, cash or PayPal. PayPal link here.
Prices effective January 1, 2010 and subject to change without notice. Referral Discount: If you refer a friend and they sign up with us, you will receive 10% off your next booking.
What areas do you serve?
We serve most of the Greater Minneapolis / St. Paul, Minnesota metropolitan area. Some examples include the following:
Hennepin County: Bloomington, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Edina, Excelsior, Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minneapolis, Lake Minnetonka, Minnetonka, Mound, Orono, Plymouth, Richfield, St. Louis Park, Shorewood, Wayzata
Dakota County: Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Mendota Heights
Ramsey County: Arden Hills, North Oaks, St. Paul, Roseville, White Bear Lake
Carver County: Carver, Chanhassen, Chaska, Victoria, Waconia
Scott County: Jordan, Prior Lake, Savage, Shakopee
Do you provide just food, or can you also provide servers?
We can provide servers at an extra cost. We can also give quotes on items, such as tables, chairs, flowers, decorations, serving pieces, ice sculptures, music, etc. Let us know ahead of time, and we can provide costs for all of this.
Do you provide or serve alcohol?
We do not provide alcohol or have bartenders, but will be happy to suggest businesses that specialize in this. Or you can provide and serve your own alcohol.
Will you use my own kitchen equipment or do you have your own?
I prefer to use my own knives. I have a wide range of quality equipment, including cutting boards, pots, pans, small appliances, and even a portable stovetop, if needed. From you, I’ll need a working stove, oven, sink and refrigerator. It may be more feasible to use some of your equipment, so meeting in person or by phone to decide this would help. For larger parties, I may need a kitchen with a refrigerator and oven that can accommodate larger pans. We can discuss this at the initial consultation.
Are you insured?
Angel in the Kitchen has full liability insurance. I am also ServSafe Sanitation certified, which insures that I had training in how to follow all food safety procedures.
(For home events) Should I be at home while you work?
You do not need to be home. If you are, I can concentrate on cooking best by working alone in the kitchen. This allows me to focus on cooking and insures the most safety and efficiency. Children and pets can be particularly distracting, so please ensure they are not a problem.
Why do you prepare the food in my kitchen?
The law requires chefs to cook in a licensed commercial kitchen or in the client’s home, but not in my own home. The commercial kitchen provides for better sanitation through things like space, special sinks, and regular inspections. Cooking in your home or business eliminates the substantial cost of rent for a commercial kitchen, a savings that is passed on to you.
When do you need my final guest count?
In most cases, your guaranteed minimum guest count is due ten days prior to your event. Your guest count may increase (not decrease) up to four days prior to your event. To accommodate guests who may come without an RSVP, we cook enough food to serve 5% over for all buffets and sit-down served events just in case you have a few unexpected guests.
Do you provide dishes, serving pieces, etc.?
We can provide things such as dishes, cups, utensils, serving pieces, tables, chairs, linens, ice-sculptures, flowers, etc., at an extra charge. This can all be discussed at the initial consultation.
Do you accommodate vegetarians or other special dietary requirements?
Yes, this can be discussed at the initial consultation. With vegetarian meals, we’ll make sure that we not only cook without meat, but never cook anything in chicken or beef stock. Ask for vegetarian options of meat dishes; if it’s not possible, we’ll discuss other choices.
How long will you be in my kitchen?
The amount of time depends on the specific dishes. I’ll likely be cooking several different entrees and side dishes from scratch, so it will take several hours. This can be discussed at the initial consultation.
Do you offer Gift Certificates?
Yes. I’ll be happy to create personalized gift certificates and plan services for anyone that you’d like. Please contact me, either by phone or through email or my website, to discuss this!
It seems expensive. Is hiring a personal chef a worthwhile investment?
When you consider the cost of your time for event planning, shopping, cooking and cleaning, plus gas to the grocery store, the cost is reasonable. You’re also getting food customized to your own needs and wants. Cooking from scratch is also much healthier than restaurant or ready-made food.